State Relays Information
8-11 years – Saturday 23rd November 2013.
12-17 years – Sunday 24th November 2013.
Sydney Olympic Park Athletics Centre.
Edwin Flack Ave, Sydney Olympic Park.
- Entry Cost: $5 per person, children under 18 are free.
- Parking: P1. A flat rate of $14 applies if you get the flat rate voucher available at the Hart Sport Stall.
- Gates will open at 7.00am both days.
- Awards – Medal will be awarded to 1st,2nd & 3rd place teams.
- LANSW Relays info for Centres and Competitors
ON ARRIVAL MAKE YOUR WAY TO BAY 6 OR 7 TO SEE Mel or Bruce JONES TO BE CHECKED IN, HAVE YOUR UNIFORM CHECKED AND BE MARKED OFF. We will be wearing a bright PINK Hills cap (from our 2012 Pinkletics day).
You have been selected in the State Relay Championships based on the age manager’s knowledge of your availability. If unavailable you must notify your age manager immediately so that a replacement can be organised. To drop out may result in the team being unable to complete.
- Full club uniform to be worn, which includes registration number, IGA patch, IGA age patch, Bachmeyer green logo and centre number 15 on the back (without Coca Cola logo) – PLEASE CHECK THIS and make sure patches are in correct place – refer to website or handbook for details!! Mel and Bruce will have some spares on the competition day.
- Call Room/Marshalling areas: Field be located in the marquee at the top of the embankment at the southern end of the ground – right hand side as you look at the track from the stadium. Track will be located Events are timed – there are no announcements made – you must get your team to marshalling on time. Best to assemble as a team and make your way there together.
- Please bring both spikes (if worn in normal competition) and runners.
- Athletes from U13-U17 and senior middle distance relays, only one false start per race will be allowed without the disqualification of the athletes responsible for the false start. Any athlete responsible for further false starts in the race will be disqualified.
- The following link has all info on State Relays from LANSW
Programme of events
- Is available at LANSW website. Please allow plenty of time for arrival and checking in.
- Programs for sale @ $3 each
- Main contact is Mel Jones (0411 274 892) or Bruce Jones (0412 825 183) Or your Age Manager (or delegate)!
Clashes – IMPORTANT
There are a number of athletes doubling (or even tripling) up on events on the day. Please make sure you are aware of what times you need to be at the marshalling area (call room) for your events and if you are in the middle of a field event, make sure you get to the track event on time. There is NO clash manager, so age managers and parents are responsible for keeping track of this.
Parent Roster – State Relay Roster – Change 3
As in all championships carnivals our club has been allocated duties. A roster has been attached with aims to share the load. Parents not on the roster please be prepared to jump in if the need arises.
- We have tried to allocate you at a time when your child WON’T be competing although there are some parents with multiple children competing in multiple events, so this cannot be totally avoided. At worst case, you will be on the track when (if) they make the finals, so will be right amongst the action!
- We are on relay change 3 for the whole carnival and must supply 5 assistants per time slot.
- Report to change marshall at 3rd change on track.
- Information on Relay change zones memo – 2013 from LANSW
PLEASE NOTE: – CLOSED IN SHOES ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN WHEN ON DUTY